Friday, August 13, 2010

FOTD from last weekend - Estee Lauder Double Wear

I'm going to make a confession right now and just get it out of the way. I haven't been wearing makeup this summer. Unless I'm going out in the evening with an adult (or several) I just don't bother. I went to VA to visit my sister a couple of weeks ago and forgot to pack foundation. I wasn't concerned at first but with the climate change, of course my face went nuts and broke out so I needed something to cover everything up and even it out. I was in this little store called Peeble's which was close to the hotel. They had TWO makeup counters... Clinique & Estee Lauder. I was desperate, I would have to make one foundation from either of these places work. First choice probably would have been Clinique but the SA was with another customer and my hubby was in the car with 3 kiddos so I was in a hurry. Next stop, Estee Lauder. I looked at a few of the foundations and finally just let her pick one for me. I didn't care. She made me a sample of Double Wear (in Fresco) and Double Wear Light (can't remember the shade). I was so happy I didn't have to buy a foundation that I wouldn't like - she hooked me up and I had enough to get me through the vacation. I liked it so much, that I stopped by that store again on my way out of town and bought a bottle of the Double Wear. I wanted to make sure she got my commission. OK, so this is probably not one I'd want to wear all the time but it is perfect for humid, hot weather when your skin is far from perfect. It really does last all day. It is full coverage but somehow doesn't look masky on me. It smells kind of funky (like paint, actually) but it's not overwhelming. I can't remember everything I had on but do remember this: EL Double Wear Foundation in Fresco Guerlain Meteorites in 01 R&R Blush in Spank Guerlain Pomme du Desir lipgloss YSL Brow Pencil #4 R&R Veil on browbone I *think* the rest of the eyes are the Dior Misty Mauve quint but I can't remember. You can't really tell anyway since I have my glasses on. :)

No comments: