Monday, September 20, 2010

Sephora Ultra Shine Lipgloss



When I'm at Sephora, normally I just breeze right past their house brand without a glance.  This weekend, for some reason, the end cap drew my eye.  It was a rainbow of lipglosses on display.  Right off the bat I picked up the newly reformulated Ultra Shine Lipgloss because they had a really good selection of plums, purples and violets.  I swatched probably 7-8 on my hand and ended up tossing #24 Reflex Dazzling Violet & #23 Shimmery Glowing Amethyst into my basket.

When I got out to the car, the first thing I did was put one on my lips, then the other right on top of it (don't act like you don't do the same thing!)  It was instant love.  The Reflex formula *looks* a lot like YSL Golden Glosses on the lips but that's where the similarity ends.  I find the Golden Glosses to be too thin, gritty and let's not forget the smell *shudder*.  I can't think of anything to compare the Shimmery formula to except maybe Chanel Glossimers.  These are pleasantly & mildly scented/flavored, and feel very nice on your lips.  It's a medium-thick consistency and feels very smooth and hydrating.  It's not super sticky for a gloss in my opinion.  It just sticky enough.  For $14, you can't go wrong.

Here's Sephora's blurb on these new glosses: 
Ultra Shine Lip Gloss  
What it is:

A maximum-shine, moisturizing gloss starring a new generation of "multi-holographic" shimmers, for perfect light reflection.

What it does:
The most pigmented member of the Sephora Collection gloss family, this smoothing star comes in a profusion of gorgeous shades. Achieve a lush-lip look with full, smooth, hydrated results.

What else you need to know:
Choose your favorite way to shine:

- Reflex: ultra-opalescent effect for a jewel-like finish
- Shimmering: opalescent effect for an elegant luster
- Shiny: opalescent-free, for a wet-looking effect

A specially designed, hourglass-shaped applicator features a soft, flocked tip that picks up a generous amount of gloss. An elegant, transparent pack shows the shade clearly.

Research Results:
In a consumer test on 11 women (measuring with a corneometer):
- 4 hours after application, lip hydration increased by 50%.

No comments: