Monday, October 25, 2010

Dior Pink Golds Minaudiere Palette Holiday 2010 Swatches


This is a quality piece, a collectible to be sure.  The compact is heavy and beautiful.  I love the little hinged cover over the lipglosses.  I normally hate mixed palettes because I hate the powder migrating into the creams.  Yuck. 

When I first opened the palette, I was a bit disappointed.  On first touch, it feels a bit chalky.  I think you're going to have to play with these a little bit to see which applicator/method works best for you.  I can normally make just about anything work with my fingers.... not this.  It did work extremely well with the sponge applicator included.  I haven't tried a brush yet.  The colors are gorgeous.  I'd call the darkest and medium shades metallic rather than frosty.  The lightest shade is on the frosty side.   The lipglosses seem nice and suit the palette well. 

Bottom Line:  Colors are excellent and all work well together.  Texture (after the initial dip) is fairly soft and well pigmented.  Not a must have unless you are a collector.  I think all of the colors are dupeable.  What cannot be duped is the luxe packaging - and those of us that are high end hoors know that's sometimes one of the biggest deciding factors before making a purchase. :)

No comments: