Friday, September 10, 2010

One of My Favorite Songs - Radiohead No Surprises

I can't begin to count the number of times I listened to this song right after my dad passed away. I found it cathartic. This one, Johnny Cash I See a Darkness & Jeff Buckley Hallelujah were in heavy rotation on my ipod. I'm one of those people that creates a soundtrack for her life. Music has always been a big part of who I am and that was passed down directly from my dad. While other kids were listening to Raffi and the like, my sister and I were brought up on Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, Roxy Music and Devo. I am proud to say that I am continuing that tradition with my own kids.
Anyway, every once in a while I feel like posting something personal because makeup is just one of my many interests. :) So, tell me what songs you would add to the soundtrack of your life?

1 comment:

Musing on Beauty said...

Oh I do have my soundtrack too :) When my mum was ill I was obsessively listening to Oren Lavie's Her Morning Elegance (check it on YouTube, the videoclip is really beautiful) and Marie Digby's version of Umbrella. After her death, it was Regina Spektor's Eet.

Radiohead's creep is probably one that I would have on my soundtrack, but then in the version sung by a girl's choir called Scala.
I'd have a goodl ot of Alanis Morrissette, Fiona Apple and Dido on my CD as well, along with some of Bach's Cello suites.