Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dior Serum de Rouge - Raspberry & Mocha

Here are some quick swatches of my first (and probably last) Dior Serum de Rouge lipsticks. I chose Raspberry & Mocha. I managed to get unused testers of them for around $12 each. They look exactly the same as the retail packaging except the end is color coded and has the number on it.

Don't get me wrong, I think these are very nice lipsticks but I don't think they warrant the $32 price tag. $22? Maybe. They seem to be fairly long lasting when you consider their texture - which is like a very thick, creamy, non-sticky lipgloss. I actually put some on and then fell asleep and it was still there when I woke up an hour later. 2 hours after that and it's still on. I haven't eaten anything though. It still feels very creamy and moisturizing on my lips.

The colors are fairly true to how they look in the tube but not quite as dramatic on the lips. I detect some sort of very faint fruity smell when I first apply them but it quickly fades and it's not that noticeable even when you first apply it.

Overall, if you find a deal, I recommend these. If you feel like a splurge, I'd spend my money somewhere else.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: