Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dolce & Gabbana Champagne Quad

It's been a while. I've been wanting to check out D&G cosmetics pretty much since it came out. I don't have any counters near me, so I was hesitant to drop that kind of money on something that I couldn't test first. Recently, Saks sent me some mystery money and I decided what better time to finally try the e/s I'd been wanting. It arrived quickly and was packaged exceptionally. The packaging is very luxe. I was a bit dismayed at the amount of product. I'm afraid that I'll be hitting pan on this one in no time. The shadows are softer than anything I've ever felt. Softer than Stila, Shu and Lorac by a mile. They're pretty well pigmented, especially the 2 dark colors. I haven't actually used the black but the chocolate brown looks matte in the pan but somehow shows a gorgeous shimmer when applied. The taupe color is the winner in this quad though. I applied it on my lid in the pic, the choc brown in the crease and the white on the browbone. Unfortunately my camera just does not pick up subtle nuances of color and texture. It is on the plummy end of the taupe spectrum. Bottom line, if you have some extra bucks to drop, definitely check this one out. Especially if you're a palette whore like I am.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ChocPB,
That looks great on you. Really pretty. Are you back on the boards yet?
Jen aka M4M.