Saturday, March 21, 2009

Comments

Here are just a few comments I have to make on how I apply makeup.
  1. I always start with a primer/base such as Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance or a MAC Paint Pot like Soft Ochre or Painterly.

  2. 80% of the time I use my brushes slightly damp. I do this for 2 reasons - 1st, the color payoff is better using this method and 2nd I find the colors blend together better this way - think of watercolor painting.

  3. I often get asked what brushes I use. While I suppose brushes can play an important role in makeup application, the main thing is just not to get super scratchy brushes or ones that shed. I've been known to apply eye makeup with just my fingers and still get good results. Some particular brushes that I love are the following:

No comments: